Monday, October 27, 2014

OOTD Silk Upcycled Dress

I made this dress from a combination of recycled fabrics and purchased goods. The top yoke portion started out as a pair of deep greenish blue silk pants, whereas the lower dress section is a black and white print silk from my fabric stash. I love wearing this style of loose-fitting easy comfort dres, but usually make them in monochromatic tones, with very little distinct color-blocking. I set my camera up and took a dozen or more pictures of myself in this dress, because I want to know what I am visually presenting with this design combination. I feel lovely and decently alluring in the dress, totally self confident, unique and happy with just the way it wears on my body. My apprehension came from looking in the mirror at myself and seeing the color blocking balance---its not to flattering! I wore the dress adding a soft wrap in a tie dye ethnic print, that somewhat hid the bodice area, and felt quite comfortable. This dres is a keeper, but I have to definately tweek the visual presentation each time I wear it.


"I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday."

No comments: