Saturday, October 4, 2014

"I Going to Make Something Today"

It's been a great busy week, and today I awoke with the desire to do something FUN. I have this great white linen shirt, that had been altered by removing the collar and cutting off the curved shirttails. The shirt is an Xlarge, with beautiful pintucking and machine embroidery down the front. I decided it needed a bit of shaping, which I removed from the side seams including the underarm area. I then added a bias strip at the hem edge, to give the shirt a neater finish. All in all this was really just a fine-tuning of an oversized shirt, made of very good linen. The first remake just didn't work, but the shirt was to good to toss aside. This will be my only white shirt to wear this fall and early spring of next year.








So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
                                                                                                 Hebrew 13:6

No comments: