Monday, September 22, 2008

My Cyber Birth

 

I’ve made some new friends, well what I’m saying is, I joined a couple of online social communities, one for women in business and another for home-based business owners.  I took my time in choosing which groups to join, because I see this social move online as a big step forward in socialization as being outside of my comfort zone. Being sociable has never been one of my good points, since I was always the last one picked for anything. Girls considered me dull, and boys just never saw me, yes, and I never got asked to the prom either. Now this is not to say I’ve never had any friends, it’s to say they were limited. How does one get friends, but by personal social interaction, (this discounts Pen Pals---am I dating myself?) you meet people in the neighborhood---friend; you meet people at school---friend; you meet people at church, work, you get the picture.

 

Well this is how my acquaintance with friendships has gone---neighborhood, school, church, work, college, marriage, and empty-nest time.  I’ve had friendships with the parents of my children’s friends, and then as they grew (my children), friendships were garnered from people met at parent groups, LSO, PTA, and community service organizations. Anywhere I was needed in my children’s lives or at church, for these were my social outlet places I made or tried to make friends. The children grew up and as they left home, it seems my various friendships went with them.

 

So I started a business, my new child, and now I have new friends. There is the UPS man, the postal person, the office supply salesperson and of course my vendors. Believe me I know how many children my UPS delivery person has, which child rules the house and their names. But there is still something lacking---so I’ve signed up for online friends. Now it seems with each new day I get invites to be someone’s friend---I don’t know how this is going to pan out. I’ve only accepted a few invites because I don’t want to spread myself to thin; I only want a few friends.  If we really think about it, that’s all one can honestly handle.

 

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

Ecc. 9:10

 

Denise Reed of  “CASEY”…the Original Loc/Braid Hair Snood and “TOPAZ” a new style shower cap, check out the site at www.denisereed.com

And now there are prints, check out the site at:

“CASEY Prints: www.brownbuttons.etsy.com.

 

No comments: