Thursday, April 3, 2014

Going Slow

I love hand stitching, it gives me great pleasure to hand stitch a hem on a skirt, or the binding on a neckline. My quilt projects of the past were mainly done in the traditional manner with plenty of hand piecing followed by lots of hand quilting, and of course a hand-stitched binding. But over time somewhere along the way, the act of hand sewing got to slow, my sewing machine became the quick facilitator of project finishing. Today I began a new project, because one of my favorite clothing items, a 10 year old hand-stitched slip could go no further as a wardrobe staple, a new one must be made. Just looking at the workmanship I put into the original slip made me nostalgic for that same quality in my new slip. I'm going slow, hand finishing my little project for beauty and utility.
Bias binding finishing on neckline
For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name.     Psalm 33:21

No comments: