Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Patches

Drapery samples Skirt
Red lining add some flair


This is a lovely pencil slim skirt I made from drapery sample squares. I guess I could call this upcycling, because this is the second generation use of the squares. If anyone remembers the days when you could ask for outdated sample books from paint/wallpaper stores to use as you wished, is how I ended up with my samples. My girls sewing class used the majority of squares for first project potholders, which all turned out lovely. Nothing gets wasted, so I have this unique patchwork skirt that is almost seasonless in its wearing potential.


“Be strong and courageous, be not afraid nor dismayed for the king of Assyria, nor for all the multitude that is with him: for there be more with us than with him:” 
II Chron. 32:7


No comments: