Friday, March 25, 2016

Slow design: Done to Soon

It didn't take as long as I thought it would, but my second knitted lace project is complete. I obtained a great book from the San Antonio, TX Library titled, "Perfectly Feminine Knits: 25 Distinctive Designs" by Lene Holme Samsoe, just by choosing it for the enticing cover. The design suggested a lightweight yarn, and I choose a slightly heavier ply. The three ply yarn in a gentle baby blue has a silver novelty yarn strand intertwined, giving my scarf/stole a bit of sheen. I work on my slow project at end of workday, while the Mister is either watching a sporting event, or some other nondescript show on television.  This lace pattern gave me just the right amount of challenge, and I had to unwind and reknit several times. I really enjoyed working this pattern, the scarf is just what I need to work with my Signature Dresses, adding some unique panache. Next slow design will be a counted cross stitch kit purchased at the thrift store for $1.99. I intend to use the finished small canvas as a pillow center when complete. 




The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it,but what they become by it.
                                                                                                   -John Ruskin

No comments: