Monday, October 12, 2015

Soap is the Last Thing on My Mind


Since January 2015, I've been using Baking Soda and water for personal hygiene.  It all started with my use of baking soda and water as an alternative hair shampoo.  The great results on my hair made the transition to body wash a simple one.  The reason I chose this absolutely common household staple, was I wanted to see if the results of using it on my skin would mimic the improved scalp and hair environment, I was experiencing.

Before beginning the use of baking soda as a body wash my skin was always dry, with "ashy" elbows and "flaky" heels. Now what I have is smooth and shiny skin, from head to toes. There is nolonger a feeling of soap residue on my skin, and my body dries off much quicker. Body odor is eliminated, as the baking soda acts a natural odor neutralizer, so my daily antiperspirant is enough to keep me fresh all day. Now its only been 10 months since I started this really simple and basic personal hygiene program, and I would love to hear from others who have tried using baking soda as a body wash. Let me know how your body has reacted to less man-made chemicals in your body wash.  Enjoy!



The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.  
                 Psalm 119:130

No comments: