Friday, January 30, 2015

"Thanks for the Memories"

About 4 years ago my best friend Christine Dougherty, watercolor artist, sent me a large box of old clothing. This box is a treasure trove of great usuable items, silk shirts; silk suits; a tapersty jacket; a few over-sized linen shirts and much more. The thing about this box is it travelled with me for 4 years before I could get an opportunity to be creative with the contents. In the last three months, the box of goodies has been, my main source for new wardrobe items----I've been cutting and building virgin yardage from suits, tops and skirts. Below is two dresses I've made using brushed silk suits in lovely jewel tones. The first is a deep purple silk pieced from jacket and pant, with some salvage yardage as the center panel. Dress number two is a lovely teal color, also made from a pantsuit, with the additional yardage created by reconstructing a short sleeve top to be the dress yoke.


Everything has been cut apart and ready for reassembly into usable yardage.

Its not finish for me, until I add my label.

"Happiness consists not in having much, but in being content with little."

                        -Marguerite Gardiner, Countess of Blessington 

No comments: