Monday, December 22, 2008

"Cutting Corners, when you're sitting in a Circle"

It’s the end of the year, and I for one still don’t really know where I’m going. The economy is a mess, or so they say---for my little family its actually, same old, same old. Well two of my grown children have moved back home, one to make it easier to finish his last year of college, and the other to cut her living expenses after being downsized from her job. It’s not really to bad, our home is large, and everyone just reclaimed their old space. Our eldest is struggling month to keep the home she purchased just three years ago. I get the impression that people are just living from crisis to crisis---which only adds to the stress level of the nation’s people. The Christmas season can escalate these “feelings” of hopelessness, but it really doesn’t have to be so. A depression, whether it’s a nation or its personal, is the outward expression of an inner situation that needs some serious adjustment/attention. We as a people’s collectively and singularly must see the need for change, real hard true change. Values and opinions must change, need’s in relation to wants must change, fantasy must once again become ephemeral reality, and not the foundation for living. Dreams that grow a stable and strong society need to be based on true needs, not manufactured ideas of beauty, perceived wealth, or mock status symbols. Now this is radical thinking, American people being “content” and growing a society on such a premise---sounds a little “utopian”. Well I know that human beings in general are not perfect, I also know that there is nowhere else to go, and its time to see the light of reality.


“But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works. “
Psalm 73:28

Denise Reed of “CASEY”…the Original Loc/Braid Hair Snood and “TOPAZ” a new style shower cap, check out the site at www.denisereed.com
And now there are prints, check out the site at:
“CASEY Prints: www.brownbuttons.etsy.com.

No comments: